The patches are organized as a series of quilt patches which I pushed to launchpad with bazaar. They can be browsed online http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~msvensson/+junk/mysql-cluster-patches/files or use "bzr branch lp:~msvensson/+junk/mysql-cluster-patches" . Currently they apply to mysql-5.1.34, but I'll try to keep them updated as we merged in future versions of MySQL Server
- already_in_next_mysql - Fortunately I could quickly isolate all the changes from MySQL Cluster 6.2 into one patch since they have already been merged back up into the next version of MySQL Server. That shaved almost a third of the changes off.
- wl4775_dynamic_ndb_variables - This is new for 7.1 and moves all variables and options for ha_ndbcluster, from the MySQL Server source code. Using the dynamic variable support. The patch simply removes the stuff from mysqld.cc, set_var.cc and sql_class.h.
- wl3126_bind_adress_for_client - This is WL#3126 which add the possibility for all the mysql clients as well as programs using libmysql to specify which interface to bind to. It's described more detailed in the WL. I think it's a very interesting improvement, only thing that is bad is that it modifies the ABI of libmsyql since it add a new field to "struct st_mysql_option". This has to be rewritten so that it instead put this information in the mysql_option.extension pointer(a new field we added last time the ABI version was changed) to avoid breaking the ABI. Also like to point out to users of MySQL Cluster that due to this change you can't just take any mysql program with dynamic linking and use it with a libmysqlclient from MySQL Cluster. This is actually quite bad and I think we should actually try to fix the ABI in MySQL Cluster to be the same as of the base MySQL Server version that has been sourced. Filed BUG#45344 for this problem, let's see if we can fix it somehow. Until then, beware! This was added in MySQL Cluster 6.3.4.
- backport_dbug_win_perf - This is a backport from MySQL Server 6.0 added as part of porting MySQL Cluster 7.0 to windows.
- always_use_tls.patch - Another backport that changes the pthread implementation for windows to always use TLS. This is a nice cleanup and avoid libmysqlclient to be compiled differently for .lib and .dll on windows.
- joinable_pthreads_win - Extend mysys to make it possible to use pthread_join on Windows. All threads in MySQL Server are created detached - this is by historical reasons since there was a limit on number of joinable threads in linux - and thus support for joinable threads was never implemented when MySQL Server was ported to Windows. Since MySQL Cluster always use joinable threads, this is a requirement to make it run on windows. There aren't so many threads and normally all threads are shutdown in an organized fashion before the program ends, using pthread_join. This is not available in next version of MYSQL Server so it need to be added. (It looks like I have put some of the always_use_tls patches in here by mistake).
- mysqltest_win_replace_fix - Fixes a problem in mysqltest where it performed replace on strings too many times. This code was only run on windows, it was detected when porting MySQL Cluster to windows. Should probably file a bug and backport it to 5.1
- my_socket - Refactoring of the socket code in MySQL Server to make it impossible to write code that is not portable. The idea is to use a "struct my_socket" to encapsulate the differences between *nix and Windows. This patch has been around and reviewed over and over again, but never made it into the main MySQL Server - it should.
- heartbeat for replication (backport)
- some new field flags
- and a couple of bug fixes
Hope too sort the remaining parts out soon.